Thursday, June 14, 2012

summer fashion 2012: the hi-lo dress





Xhilaration dress, Tory Burch clutch (old) similar here and here, Steve Madden wedges (old) similar here, Prada sunglasses (old) similar here, MAC lipstick Costa Chic

Today was one of those perfect summer days when the sun shines nicely, meaning you should take out the sunscreen. But, don't worry beads of sweat won't be dripping down your face. So, I decided there was no time better than the present to show off my new hi-lo dress. I've been obsessing over the style for months, among an incredibly long list of trends. 

I met my favorite summer hi-lo dress in the Target foyer of sorts, where the big, red carts meet the overpowering aroma of Starbucks. I spotted the colors, forgot about the cart and the coffee and walked right over to pick my size. There was no need to try it on. Thought? Is my hi-lo dress really that captivating? 

I must say I take pride in this outfit for its thrifty-nature. Although I have some designer accessories, they're all old items I rediscovered to help out this cheap, but super cute dress!

16 comments:

  1. Love your Tory Burch clutch !
    It's awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the burch clutch and thats a great nail polish!
    http://www.notyouraveragestylefix.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer!? I'm freezing! But I am a sook! I'm not totally sold on the high/low look (never have been) but I do love the fabric!
    Ahka Vintage SHOP
    Ahka Vintage BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that clutch!! :) The dress is so cool

    http://jackiegloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tory Burch clutch is sooo cute!
    xo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw you on my ifb group :)
    nice post! I'm following via bloglovin :)
    Check my blog out: www.pleasureoverbusiness.blogspot.com

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm falling in love with hi lo dresses!!! This one is so preety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute.. perfect for summer. And the clutch is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful dress. The color looks great on you! Your blog is so cute =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking lovely!!

    xx,
    Meelena

    www.TheSerialShopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress! Perfect outfit for summer.


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Dress ! I love it

    Love Storm

    ReplyDelete