Thursday, January 17, 2013

a cheap new year: picks under $150

After a holiday season of major gift-giving, my wallet is feeling a little lighter than I would like. However, I still have a desire for shopping that must be met. So, I have explored my favorite go-to's and compiled this set of fabulous finds under $150. Each is a fun basic that can be translated seamlessly throughout each season.



1. A  military anorak is an essential staple for winter and spring. This one, from Hive & Honey, is perfect for layering to protect against the cold yet can still be worn with a light sundress. 

2. A little black lace dress is feminine, fun, and appropriate for so many occasions, by its classification as a LBD alone. I'm dying for this Free People whimsical dress.

3. Accessories are key in any outfit. This cuff by Tinley Road adds a little shine to any ensemble, like the Free People dress above.

4. A simple sweater is perfect for rushing out the door. This MINKPINK sweater is cute, yet practical.

5. This ONE by vegan leather skirt may not be a staple. However, it can be worn day or night, with tights or sans tights. The faux leather lends it a little edge while its a-line silhouette keep it flirty and feminine.

6. Jeans are always essential. I've been searching for the perfect, relaxed pair and believe I have found it with Blank Denim.

7. Skin-tight jeans are necessary when wearing boots. So, Blank Denim's spray on jean fit the bill for the perfect boot jean.

8. This Rachel Zoe platform can be worn with a fun cocktail dress while adding lots of height, which I always appreciate.

9. A preppy, Cole Haan slipper is perfect for casual days. The leopard print and red trim keep it exciting and, no designer makes a more comfortable shoe than Cole Haan.

10. A pair of retro sunglasses are good for every sunny day, whether it's in January or June. I can't wait to get my hands on this Halogen pair.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Beautiful! I like the way you carry your fashion style. You are so creative and stylish. I wish I could have wear like cheap dresses for women

    ReplyDelete